If you’re not yet convinced about how amazing zucchini noodles are then this dish should do it.
I’ve prepared zucchini noodles in many different ways and just kept coming back to the simple Italian combination of tomato, basil and garlic.
You honestly cannot go wrong, especially given how quick and easy it is to throw together.
This is the best time of year for this sort of dish. Tomatoes are in season and are cheap, juicy and delicious. And the warm long days often call for something a little lighter as the sun goes down.
These Italian zucchini noodles are the perfect end to a balmy evening!
One of the fab things about zucchini noodles is how wonderful they are for sucking up flavours and that’s exactly what happens here.
The bright fresh taste of tomato and basil, balanced with the sweetness of currants, saltiness of the capers, finally finished with balsamic vinegar.
It’s also ridiculously fast and easy.
I could wax lyrical about this dish all day, but really you just need to try it for yourself!
- 2 large zucchinis (400gm)
- 10-15 basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic
- 30 gm pine nuts
- 30gm currants
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- Toast the pine nuts in a fry pan and set aside to cool
- Add the olive oil, balsamic and garlic to a jar and shake well to combine
- Julienne your zucchini and add to a large bowl with the chopped basil, tomatoes, currants, capers & pine nuts
- Pour over your dressing and toss together
- Calories 300
- Carbs (gm) 28
- Fat (gm) 21
- Protein (gm) 6
- Fibre (gm) 6